Hi folks! Hope you're all hanging in there and are well and safe!
Indeed, these are very uncertain times, but we at Saw It Here First Productions are remaining positive and are aiming to put on another show early next year, where we will be inviting industry professionals to come and view our work and also to raise money for charity. We're looking at staging our show in March 2021, but we'll have to see what the situation is regarding the re-opening of theatres.
So for now we are calling all playwrights to submit their short plays! This is open to all playwrights worldwide
If you're interested in submitting your pieces, please can we ask that your plays:
- be 10 - 15 mins long (MAXIMUM of 15 mins please)
- have a maximum of 4 characters
- not require any set, just absolute MINIMAL props and moveable set, like a table, chairs etc
- MINIMAL music and sound effects
- We're looking at staging a range of themes, so we'd rather have pieces that are not about COVID-19...there is life and other experiences beyond this current crisis, so we would like a show that would reflect that.
Please submit your pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "SIHFP Script Submission". (If you are wanting to send more than 1 submission, please send a maximum of 2.) Also please state in your email that you are happy with the money from the ticket sales (after production costs) going to charity if your piece is chosen.
The deadline for submissions will be FRIDAY 10th JULY.
We look forward to hear from you!
Stay well and safe!